FM-200® Fire Suppression Systems UK
- FM-200® Fire Suppression Systems
- Suitable for occupied areas
- Discharge time: 10 seconds
- No residue to cleanup after discharge
- Widely accepted as a substitute to Halon 1301
- Compliance to standards ISO-14520 and NFPA 2001
- Suitable for storage in welded highpressure cylinders, saving space and money
- Electrically non-conductive
- Zero Ozone Depletion Deposit
FM-200® extinguishing agent is a clean gas widely accepted as a substitute to Halon. FM-200®, or heptaflouropropane(CF3CHFCF3), is suitable for the protection of most hazards where Hoalon 1301 had been applied in the past. Because FM-200® is not electrical conductive, (but it is odourless and colourless), it is effective in the protection of electrical hazards, such as computer rooms.
Furthermore, it is suitable for class A fires (fires including solid materials) as well as for class B fires (flammable liquids).
An FM-200® fire suppression system extinguishes fires mainly by physical means, weakening and extinguishing the fire by absorbing heat.
Once discharged, FM-200® extinguishes the fire quickly reducing to a minimum damages to property and valuable equipment. Likewise ensuring total safety to persons.
Systems containing FM-200® are designed to discharge within 10 seconds. Extinguishing agent pressurised with dry nitrogen at 42 bar are stored in steel cylinders fitted with approved valves.